Friday, January 6, 2012

Workout #1 really worked!

I've been following my own advice.

As suggested in Productive Workouts, I tried on all the clothes I owned.  It took time and commitment.  And look at the results...

I thought I'd done a good job of clearing out clothes already.  But trying them all on in a short time worked better because I could:
  • really see and feel if the clothes fit
  • make firm comparisons: which clothes are better or which I have too many in a type
Two of these shirts were actually in my current active wardrobe - but although they are good quality and comfortable, they are unflattering because of size and cut (and I only allow that in my exercise clothes).

And as I hoped, this exercise added extra motivation for improved fitness, since there's nothing like the nostalgia of remembering how you used to love wearing that.

Naughty bits

I also had fun rediscovering my lingerie collection.   Yes, you don't have to be a size 6 to enjoy these! 

I tried everything on and moved what I want to keep from the storage box into a drawer (emptied by previous decluttering).  I even found a short lingerie wrap that I can use as a summer dressing gown for a bit of well-deserved luxury.

Another triumph for Shopping At Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment